Our Ruggless Dental team never wants to extract a patient’s tooth. We try to save your natural teeth whenever possible, whether that’s with a dental crown for protection or root canal therapy to remove an infection. However, sometimes tooth extraction becomes necessary to maintain the rest of your teeth and your overall oral health.
Here are some examples of situations where we may need to perform a tooth extraction:
- The patient has severe decay or damage to the tooth structure that we can’t repair
- The patient suffers from advanced periodontal (gum) disease
- To remove an impacted tooth (especially common in the case of wisdom teeth)
- The patient’s teeth are overcrowded
- The patient’s tooth has suffered trauma
We realize that extractions may cause anxiety for you, but we are a gentle and caring dental team who will do everything we can to make you feel comfortable during your extraction.
In our Springfield dentist office, we will carefully and empathetically perform your tooth extraction, making the process easy and convenient for you. Afterward, we will discuss your tooth replacement options with you.
We offer patients many options for tooth replacement, and we will help you choose the best solution for your lifestyle, budget, and dental needs.