At Ruggless Dental, we recommend any toothpaste that contains fluoride to prevent cavities. Many kinds of toothpaste on the market claim to do many different things – reduce plaque, whiten, or everything as an all in one! The best way to take care of your teeth, however, is with consistently thorough home care.
Proper Brushing Techniques
To maintain your oral health, be sure to brush twice a day using the proper techniques:
- Brush gently.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush like Nimbus.
- Angle the bristles toward your gum line.
- Use fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush for at least two minutes – 30 seconds for each quadrant.
- Make sure to reach all surfaces of your teeth.
- Don’t forget the chewing surfaces of your teeth!
- Floss daily.
- Maintain regular dental exams and professional cleanings.
Contact Our Springfield IL Dental Office
If you have questions or would like a demonstration of the best home care techniques, we are happy to help! Dentistry is constantly changing and having a “brush-up” on tooth brushing can be helpful. Even adults can develop sloppy brushing habits over time, and being aware of the proper techniques can protect your oral health and help you maintain a healthy, beautiful smile.