How can we help you?
Choosing a dentist for your family is a big decision. It's natural to have questions about the type of care you will receive, your insurance benefits, your treatment options, and the services we offer. Here are some of the most common questions we receive. If you do not see yours listed here, just give us a call or contact us via email. We look forward to hearing from you!
It is an exciting time in life when you become pregnant, and your dental care becomes more important than ever! The combination of nausea, hormones, increased snacking, and lack of focus on your oral health during this time can create issues for your gums, your teeth, and even your baby. Studies have linked periodontal disease with increased risk of preeclampsia, lower than normal birth weights, and even premature birth.
Dental Care During Pregnancy
If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant we recommend seeing a dentist for a cleaning and exam to assess your oral health condition and come up with a plan for the duration of your pregnancy.
Our team will always be available to help answer any questions that you may have about your dental needs during your pregnancy. The best way to ensure that no serious problems occur is to make sure you are keeping up with your regular dental visits and at home-care. Be sure to floss and brush regularly, and get in for those professional cleanings. This allows your dentist to identify any problems and treat them before they become more serious.
Contact Our Springfield IL Dental Clinic
Contact Ruggless Dental if you have any questions or concerns, and we'll be happy to help!
Going to the dentist can seem overwhelming, especially if you are experiencing pain or are in need of a specific treatment. Being prepared with the right questions to ask is a great way to feel more comfortable and ready for your visit. Here are some great questions to ask if you are going in for a regular cleaning appointment:
- What can I do to improve my oral health? We all know we should be brushing and flossing regularly, but in some cases, there may be more steps to take to improve your oral health. Your dentist can help you care for your teeth, and ensure that serious issues are avoided whenever possible.
- Is there anything I should tell my doctor about? Oral health has been linked to many serious health conditions, including heart concerns, respiratory diseases, and more. Asking your dentist if there is anything you may want to talk to your general care doctor can help prevent or find and treat issues that the rest of your body may be experiencing.
- Should I make any changes in my normal care? Depending on changes to your oral health, or just your unique needs, your dentist may recommend that you make changes in your professional maintenance schedule and regularity. For example, if you have early signs of gum disease, your dentist may want you to have professional cleanings more often.
Questions to Ask Your Dentist About Specific Procedures
If you're visiting the dentist for a specific concern or procedure, you may want to ask some more unique questions:
- Will costs be discussed before any procedure? The last thing you want is for a treatment to be completed, and the cost to be something you are not comfortable with. Make sure that the staff will go over your costs and coverage before anything is completed.
- What can I expect during the procedure? With each unique dental treatment comes a different process for the procedure. Have your dentist fully explain and answer any questions that you have about what you can expect during the treatment- this can help you prepare and feel most comfortable when you begin the process, no matter what the treatment is!
- What can I expect or the recovery? If you are having a more extensive treatment done, recovery processes can be extensive. Make sure that you are prepared ahead of time for what you'll need during your recovery, such as specific foods or care items. Your dentist should be able to walk you through this completely!
Contact Our Springfield IL Dental Office
If you have any questions, or if you'd like to schedule a visit to our office, give us a call today for more information!