When You Need a Tooth Extraction
At Ruggless Dental, we work with our patients to establish healthy home care routines, a good preventive dentistry treatment plan, and regularly review the heath of your teeth to avoid tooth extractions whenever possible.
We understand that a tooth extraction can put your health and your appearance at risk and we use tooth extractions as a last resort to protect your health.
Sometimes, even our most conscientious dental patients suffer from an unexpected condition or trauma. Some of the common reasons why we may need to remove your tooth are:
- Pain – Unexplained pain after a root canal procedure may indicate a continued problem. Occasionally, a dental extraction is the best solution.
- Cracked tooth – While we can treat many cracked or fractured teeth with a dental crown, sometimes the damage is too great and an extraction is the only solution to prevent infection or health problems in the future.
- Severe gum disease – Periodontal disease creates infection around the tooth and its root. Sometimes, the infection is so severe that a tooth becomes mobile and does not respond to treatment. Removing an infected tooth will give your body an opportunity to heal.
- Wisdom teeth – Not all wisdom teeth require an extraction, but many grow in at an angle or fail to erupt through the gums entirely because they do not have room to emerge. They may put pressure against your other teeth, causing misalignment.
- Orthodontic intervention – In some cases of overcrowding, removing teeth can make orthodontic treatment more successful.
Our Springfield, IL dental team will provide you with your treatment options so that you can make the best choice for your oral health. We will help you find a solution that fits into your lifestyle and gives you confidence in your appearance.
Call to Schedule Your Next Dental Appointment
If you are facing potential dental extractions and need a Springfield, IL dentist that you can count on for comfortable and effective treatment, contact Ruggless Dental. We look forward to helping you achieve good oral health and a beautiful smile.